Hidden Thoughts From The Heart
Does the heart moment and explore abstractions
or is it just flesh and blood, a pumping station?
That it can grow radiant and resplendent,
that I am sure, not just seeking to extend our lives.
It's internal hidden caverns and caves
that break love, beauty, old and new.
Does have some strange union with a GOD who made it,
does it stop suddenly to think, 'I've had enough'?
or is it just the 'Man' above who needs us more than we would care.
It might just stop, but something more happens
our earthly life takes a rest, and overshadowed by mortality
welcomes the distant beings that 'He' wanted us to be.
a sort of 'Numinous', a 'Nirvana' in time for Easter Day.
John Scully's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hidden Thoughts From The Heart by John Scully )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- Let Me Stand Here, gajanan mishra
- Quack, Quack says the Duck, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Another Christmas (without you), Marites C. Cayetano
- What Is Life, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Open Door, Natalie Nicole Story
- Savages, Sally Matthews
- The Afterthought, Dankaro Osazee
- In a Gallery of Birds, Salvatore Ala
- Passenger, Georgina WilksWiffen
- I Raise A Toast To The Rising Sun, Rajesh Thankappan