Hidden Thoughts From The Heart
Does the heart moment and explore abstractions
or is it just flesh and blood, a pumping station?
That it can grow radiant and resplendent,
that I am sure, not just seeking to extend our lives.
It's internal hidden caverns and caves
that break love, beauty, old and new.
Does have some strange union with a GOD who made it,
does it stop suddenly to think, 'I've had enough'?
or is it just the 'Man' above who needs us more than we would care.
It might just stop, but something more happens
our earthly life takes a rest, and overshadowed by mortality
welcomes the distant beings that 'He' wanted us to be.
a sort of 'Numinous', a 'Nirvana' in time for Easter Day.
John Scully's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hidden Thoughts From The Heart by John Scully )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Revolution Brings Salvation, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Unity (Haiku), Diwakar Pokhriyal
- A Visit to the Unique Place, rohan bendre
- Yes, Mother Nature Teaches Bards..., Dr John Celes
- Tonic Pain, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- In the Absence of Light, F. J. Thomas
- Give me a drink, Diana Rosser
- White Power, F. J. Thomas
- Sweet Dreams, Sambanath Denis
- My unjust God, Nalini Chaturvedi