The road of war is paved with heroes blood; rains of sadness and tears turn the dirt to mud.
From the heavens on high a hero rises, who falls with each of his sacrifices.
The flag he carried then torn and tattered was once brilliant and noble, not battered.
The silence long and surreptitious, no ending veiled by brilliance.
'A hero need not speak for when he is gone, the world will speak for him.'
And risen from the ashes comes a follower, a person of strength, will, and courage.
Heroes are born from the ashes of the fallen.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Heroes by Michael Hammer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- change, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- khuda, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- lachari, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- flower, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- hasrat, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- moti, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- Real Help, Edgar Albert Guest
- Onverflauwd groen en blauw-wit, Madrason writer
- गुलाब और सूरज, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- misfortune, oskar hansen