Hero (Systematic Discussion)
I see you start
to be addressed so boldly.
do you wince at the title?
Perhaps it should be
or heroine for some...
But no, you prosecute
the term proper.
Are you not strong enough, then,
you who eats three meals a day
and sleeps beneath a solid roof?
And do not plead ignorance
(of the hungry
fills your mind like wine
and drunkens your senses with sorrow.
Or has it deadened them, hero,
clinging like nails
to an unwilling magnet?
For you speak softly, hero,
you dream uncolored visions,
and amid the involutary silence of others,
you seem to have taken a voluntary oath.
Aliya Deri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hero (Systematic Discussion) by Aliya Deri )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- the peace of a bee, Noah Body
- SILKEN GLOVES, Philo Yan
- A word in your ear, Ponniah Ganeshan
- Crematorium, umaprosad das
- Stupid Illusion, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Por Ti Soñaré, Prophmatt . . .
- The color of love, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Nightmare, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Love and Peace, Akhtar Jawad
- Waiting for someone, Zillur Rahman Shuvro