Hero (Systematic Discussion)
I see you start
to be addressed so boldly.
do you wince at the title?
Perhaps it should be
or heroine for some...
But no, you prosecute
the term proper.
Are you not strong enough, then,
you who eats three meals a day
and sleeps beneath a solid roof?
And do not plead ignorance
(of the hungry
fills your mind like wine
and drunkens your senses with sorrow.
Or has it deadened them, hero,
clinging like nails
to an unwilling magnet?
For you speak softly, hero,
you dream uncolored visions,
and amid the involutary silence of others,
you seem to have taken a voluntary oath.
Aliya Deri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hero (Systematic Discussion) by Aliya Deri )
Poem of the Day
- avenues america, rwetewrt erwtwer
- bra maidenform, rwetewrt erwtwer
- alaska airlines, rwetewrt erwtwer
- coast transfers, rwetewrt erwtwer
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Flower of Love, Oscar Wilde
- Where The Mind Is Without Fear, Rabindranath Tagore
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1927)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Diana van den Berg
(4 November 1945)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)