Do you know any Hero's? I do, I know a few.
One is from way back when, the rest are here and now.
One stands out from all the others, and no it's not my brother.
Hero's put their lives on the line to save people they may never know.
To make all the wrongs into a little right, with just a little fight.
They don't think about themselves half as much as they think of all of us.
Hero's don't want any of the Glory all they want is What is Ours
They will fight til the End to get what they defend.
My Hero that stands out in my Heart from all the rest is my Daughter
from The NATIONAL GUARD
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hero's by Dixie Tanson )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Flower of Liberty, Oliver Wendell Holmes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- First Day at School, Roger McGough
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- mGIC TREE, oskar hansen
- innocence, abdirahman haaji rilwaan
- MOST LIVING PEOPLE, Michael P. Johnson
- Beautiful rose, Andytics mufc
- How Not to Play War, Ima Ryma
- We are here to sing, gajanan mishra
- The Girls And Their Peep Hole, Is It Poetry
- Goodbye dream, Marilyn Jean
- '' You're No Better Than Us '', bri mar
- Becoming Part Of Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak