Do you know any Hero's? I do, I know a few.
One is from way back when, the rest are here and now.
One stands out from all the others, and no it's not my brother.
Hero's put their lives on the line to save people they may never know.
To make all the wrongs into a little right, with just a little fight.
They don't think about themselves half as much as they think of all of us.
Hero's don't want any of the Glory all they want is What is Ours
They will fight til the End to get what they defend.
My Hero that stands out in my Heart from all the rest is my Daughter
from The NATIONAL GUARD
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hero's by Dixie Tanson )
- Blind, Blind, Naveed Khalid
- A ripple's life, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- What is this world of ours ماهذا العالم .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sinners الاثمون, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Touch-me-not, Naveed Khalid
- The Sword and the Plowshare, John F. McCullagh
- On the road a Recovery Poem, jeff newnham
- Sinners, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- An Image Of An Old House, Yohan Confectioner
- Autumn Equinox, Jacqueline Nash
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(3 March 1878 - 9 April 1917)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)