Glen Martin Fitch
HERE'S HOW THEY DO THAT
When senses meet
a new found work of art
the grace notes, patterns, textures
dazzle more than
Structures we ignore because
it's on the surface that we start.
Good tailors know the stitches
to concealed by inner folds,
frayed edges hid within.
It's when a mystery's solved
that we then begin to check
each clue and herring
No landscape painter
dabs the details first.
The background must
define the depth of space.
Delight, surprise, dismay
are put in place.
Perception and creation
are reverse to make
the finished outside
from working backwards,
thinking inside out.
Glen Martin Fitch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (HERE'S HOW THEY DO THAT by Glen Martin Fitch )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- सोरनिबा आगान, Ronjoy Brahma
- Roaring ready to go…, Mark Heathcote
- why does this have to happen, Happy Hippie Girl
- Sadness Of Living, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Blackened Bronze, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Child of the South, Leah Ayliffe
- Progressive Yearnings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- She Knows, Louis Borgo
- ZZ Was Hitler A Vegetarian, Saiom Shriver
- Palestinian DNA, Saiom Shriver