Here & Now
I feel but cannot hear the downward beat
of the owl's wings which seem to move
like a poem on feathered air.
She draws to herself the half-colours of predawn
and holds still the forest
in a raptured last embrace of dark.
Even the sun in awe of the night
stands timeless and veiled
for the last benediction of flight.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Here & Now by Patrick Dennis )
- In A Creche In The Mountains, Robert Rorabeck
- Save yourself, gajanan mishra
- True love.....?, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.21, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.20, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.19, Monk E. Biz
- The Puppet of His Heart, Robert Rorabeck
- Turn Your Back, Tyrone Gayle
- My name is Death, Roxanne Dubarry
- Paleolithic Mermaid, Robert Rorabeck