Here Is Where
Here is where I must anchor my boat
There isn’t no place to go,
Here in this bay it can stay afloat
Sail upstream when the winds blow.
I needn’t a place better than this
I needn’t need a heaven to rest,
Here this bay brings me earthly bliss
There isn’t no better place to nest.
When the moon paints my bay in mystic white
My boat rocks joyous in her stream,
I know this place for me is just right
This is the place of my dream.
I needn’t a place any better or worse
This bay harbors me best,
So long I anchor here under the stars
I need no heaven to rest.
Pradip Chattopadhyay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Here Is Where by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
Did you read them?
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- Little Red Riding Hood and the Wolf, Roald Dahl
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)