Here Is Where
Here is where I must anchor my boat
There isn’t no place to go,
Here in this bay it can stay afloat
Sail upstream when the winds blow.
I needn’t a place better than this
I needn’t need a heaven to rest,
Here this bay brings me earthly bliss
There isn’t no better place to nest.
When the moon paints my bay in mystic white
My boat rocks joyous in her stream,
I know this place for me is just right
This is the place of my dream.
I needn’t a place any better or worse
This bay harbors me best,
So long I anchor here under the stars
I need no heaven to rest.
Pradip Chattopadhyay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Here Is Where by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Church Woman (Saint in Progress), Doug Blair
- Invisible Monster, Dan Walker
- Dead Veg, Richard Lee
- House of Cards, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Flying Turtles, Richard Lee
- The Guaca-mole, Richard Lee
- Pop goes the Easel, Richard Lee
- Word of mouth from the people of audacio.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- House Spiders, Judith Vollmer
- Divine Bird, Somanathan Iyer