Have A Nice Day
'Help, help, ' said a man. 'I'm drowning.'
'Hang on, ' said a man from the shore.
'Help, help, ' said the man. 'I'm not clowning.'
'Yes, I know, I heard you before.
Be patient dear man who is drowning,
You, see I've got a disease.
I'm waiting for a Doctor J. Browning.
So do be patient please.'
'How long, ' said the man who was drowning. 'Will it take for the Doc to arrive? '
'Not very long, ' said the man with the disease. 'Till then try staying alive.'
'Very well, ' said the man who was drowning. 'I'll try and stay afloat.
By reciting the poems of Browning
And other things he wrote.'
'Help, help, ' said the man with the disease, 'I suddenly feel quite ill.'
'Keep calm.' said the man who was drowning, ' Breathe deeply and lie quite still.'
'Oh dear, ' said the man with the awful disease. 'I think I'm going to die.'
'Farewell, ' said the man who was drowning.
Said the man with the disease, 'goodbye.'
So the man who was drowning, drownded
And the man with the disease past away.
But apart from that,
And a fire in my flat,
It's been a very nice day.
Spike Milligan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Have A Nice Day by Spike Milligan )
- Deafened Joy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I Have Never Been Anything Like Pink, Kazuko Shiraishi
- Unlocking Doors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Without Shame, Gamier Dalet Mwaikoma
- Water's Tears, FOEVERAMI JOHNSON
- The Man With Fire In His Eyes, Kazuko Shiraishi
- Thursday, Frank Avon
- Uluru, Kazuko Shiraishi
- The Neverending Story, Elimar Pingkian
- Yellow Lake, Kazuko Shiraishi
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Snake, Theodore Roethke
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)