Harbor Seal - Lincoln Park Zoo
'Twas time to come to Chicago,
So this harbor seal hit the road,
Hitchhiked from Sea World, doncha know!
Blessings upon me were bestowed.
Nice folks gave me wetted down rides.
At last to my new home I got.
Folks can visit my many sides.
I get attention - tanks a lot.
For 20 plus minutes I can
Stay in an underwater place,
Looking for seafood in my scan
To feed my so cute whiskered face.
I like Lincoln Park Zoo for real,
My flipper shake to seal the deal.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Harbor Seal - Lincoln Park Zoo by Ima Ryma )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)