HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR FRIEND
On this day,
to your Pa and Ma
a condign star was born.
A precious one,
God gave this world,
a special gift
That was YOU,
the day YOU were born.
Your sempervirent nature,
touched many lives I know,
A sempiternal brook of kindness
that wants to merge with the ocean.
A difference in this world
Not only for me
But those around YOU too.
On this your birthday,
I wish YOU a life of blessedness.
May all your fondest dreams come true,
That with every candle on your birthday cake,
a lovely surprise await YOU.
My wish for YOU -that whatsoever
YOU want most in life-
come your way,
just the way YOU imagined it
or maybe better.
I hope YOU treasure
and nothing can succedaneum this,
as much I do.
for many more happy birthdays
in friendship with YOU,
Happy Birthday dear friend
I wish God’s opulent Blessings inundate YOU
And good wishes, to last YOU all lifes through
And with this sincerest hope and joy
That will never end
From which YOU can
to others lend.
May each new birthday
Be the best YOU ever knew
HAPPY, HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR! ! ! !
Yours best friend
ANJALI SINHA's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR FRIEND by ANJALI SINHA )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Gun, Rage'n Curtis
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- The Choice, Edith Nesbit
Poem of the Day
- Break Off From Your Sins II, Edward Kofi Louis
- My First Poem, Emelita C. Smith
- diMinNuTiVe, sEaN nOrTh
- I Am A Boat, Paul Gerard Reed
- Peace#01, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- hav em kill - BIG Chief di$bEliEf, sEaN nOrTh
- We Ate Beans., Tony Adah
- Letting Go, favour ugwumba
- Paw, saw, raw, law!, Edward Kofi Louis
- नोँखौ मोजां मोन्नायल' नङा, Ronjoy Brahma