Christian Tobechukwu Okafor
Tiny egg in the soil most warm
Fatted by the placenta form;
Through the mother's chord watered;
By the tough skin sun-shielded.
By the wildest cry of just one ousted;
By the wildest joy of many greeted;
Virgin to the warmth of the sun;
Fresh to the whisp'ring of the morn.
Oh, from the sky king what a breath!
An angel gift for those on earth;
A precious pearl to men's hearts;
The coolest gem in our hands.
Welling up love and thanks, the greatest grace;
Dispelling fears and tears, from every face
With smiles infectiously immense;
With sleep as breathtaking silence.
Welcomed by dear hugs and kisses;
Welcome, dear beauty of beauties!
Oh welcome, my golden day!
Welcome always, my birthday!
Christian Tobechukwu Okafor's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Happy Birthday! by Christian Tobechukwu Okafor )
- Hobbesian Girl, John F. McCullagh
- Outlook, hasmukh amathalal
- Of Sinne, John Beaumont
- Forgive Me, Ismim Putera
- A Monster's Warning, Bruce Larkin
- Of Teares, John Beaumont
- Advice from the Jackalope Man, Bruce Larkin
- The Mind Of A Blacksmith, M.D Dinesh Nair
- ~ Living ~, Aparna Chatterjee
- A Dialogue Between The World, A Pilgrim .., John Beaumont
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1886 - 1967)