Christian Tobechukwu Okafor
Tiny egg in the soil most warm
Fatted by the placenta form;
Through the mother's chord watered;
By the tough skin sun-shielded.
By the wildest cry of just one ousted;
By the wildest joy of many greeted;
Virgin to the warmth of the sun;
Fresh to the whisp'ring of the morn.
Oh, from the sky king what a breath!
An angel gift for those on earth;
A precious pearl to men's hearts;
The coolest gem in our hands.
Welling up love and thanks, the greatest grace;
Dispelling fears and tears, from every face
With smiles infectiously immense;
With sleep as breathtaking silence.
Welcomed by dear hugs and kisses;
Welcome, dear beauty of beauties!
Oh welcome, my golden day!
Welcome always, my birthday!
Christian Tobechukwu Okafor's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Happy Birthday! by Christian Tobechukwu Okafor )
- Morning Coffee, Bill Grace
- Happenstance Things, Patti Masterman
- Loot-Hoot-Shoot, Aftab Alam
- The Children See Colors, Hebert Logerie
- Ulterior motive, hasmukh amathalal
- Fast Women Speedily Breathing, Luva Boy
- With contentment, hasmukh amathalal
- Not Mini-Apolis, Von Kimball Barney
- NO TIME WASTED, Peter LeBuhn
- Our World, Claude H Oliver II