Christian Tobechukwu Okafor
Tiny egg in the soil most warm
Fatted by the placenta form;
Through the mother's chord watered;
By the tough skin sun-shielded.
By the wildest cry of just one ousted;
By the wildest joy of many greeted;
Virgin to the warmth of the sun;
Fresh to the whisp'ring of the morn.
Oh, from the sky king what a breath!
An angel gift for those on earth;
A precious pearl to men's hearts;
The coolest gem in our hands.
Welling up love and thanks, the greatest grace;
Dispelling fears and tears, from every face
With smiles infectiously immense;
With sleep as breathtaking silence.
Welcomed by dear hugs and kisses;
Welcome, dear beauty of beauties!
Oh welcome, my golden day!
Welcome always, my birthday!
Christian Tobechukwu Okafor's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Happy Birthday! by Christian Tobechukwu Okafor )
- The midnight scream, Harold R Hunt Sr
- It calls your name., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Dogs, Cinzia Wills
- Interminable Wanderer, Cinzia Wills
- The Sky, Harold R Hunt Sr
- That part of your heart, Rolfy Dsilva
- The letter puzzle., Harold R Hunt Sr
- I am Sorry, Md. Ziaul Haque
- If it wasn't for country music, Harold R Hunt Sr
- I Really Can't…, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- One Art, Elizabeth Bishop
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)