Christian Tobechukwu Okafor
Tiny egg in the soil most warm
Fatted by the placenta form;
Through the mother's chord watered;
By the tough skin sun-shielded.
By the wildest cry of just one ousted;
By the wildest joy of many greeted;
Virgin to the warmth of the sun;
Fresh to the whisp'ring of the morn.
Oh, from the sky king what a breath!
An angel gift for those on earth;
A precious pearl to men's hearts;
The coolest gem in our hands.
Welling up love and thanks, the greatest grace;
Dispelling fears and tears, from every face
With smiles infectiously immense;
With sleep as breathtaking silence.
Welcomed by dear hugs and kisses;
Welcome, dear beauty of beauties!
Oh welcome, my golden day!
Welcome always, my birthday!
Christian Tobechukwu Okafor's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Happy Birthday! by Christian Tobechukwu Okafor )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
Maithili Sharan Gupt
(3 August 1886 – 12 December 1964)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(6 January 1878 – 22 July 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Poem of the Day
- Mind Over Matter (Scream), Joseph Archer
- Jesus among Us, michael hagwood
- Winterpoesie, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Love the Spine, V P Mahur
- Vergißmeinnicht, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Loving Lips, V P Mahur
- Am Winterwehr, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Christmas Midnight - Christ - Mitternacht, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Holy Night - Weihnacht, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Rainbow & Sun, Luo Zhihai