Ali Faizan Kazmi
Grumblings of a Loner
It is indeed past me - the genuine, expecting
Gaze wherewith you asked me then,
Wherewith you ask me now and again.
As if I would endeavour each time to perfecting
A different yet semantically similar reply:
'Must we not put on our best and go,
To idle away time with so and so? '
As well, I could just skyward stare whereby
I might achieve the same, if not more.
No, I would above all not relent
To frivolousness, to words misspent.
Hereof you mustn't impel nor implore.
For why would I choose the company of such
As those who would but to silence speak,
Or to paraphrase the prevalent mind,
Those who indulgence, not insp'ration, seek,
In what men play and in what men find?
Your leave I must ask, forthcoming or not,
As already a lapse this matter has brought
And soonest return to my parchment and pen,
Too, that cupboard full of wise, old men.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Grumblings of a Loner by Ali Faizan Kazmi )
- Holy! Holy!, Naveed Khalid
- 74, Naveed Khalid
- Femme Fatale, Naveed Khalid
- LIFE IS CLOUDY, BUT THERE WILL BE NO RAINS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Qytetit tim, skender iljaz braka
- While my eyes delight at you, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Celestial String of Pearls, Harley White
- Feeling, Anne Rub.
- Lost amid his Laughter, Aftab Alam
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS ANYTIME AND .., MOHAMMAD SKATI