Ali Faizan Kazmi
Grumblings of a Loner
It is indeed past me - the genuine, expecting
Gaze wherewith you asked me then,
Wherewith you ask me now and again.
As if I would endeavour each time to perfecting
A different yet semantically similar reply:
'Must we not put on our best and go,
To idle away time with so and so? '
As well, I could just skyward stare whereby
I might achieve the same, if not more.
No, I would above all not relent
To frivolousness, to words misspent.
Hereof you mustn't impel nor implore.
For why would I choose the company of such
As those who would but to silence speak,
Or to paraphrase the prevalent mind,
Those who indulgence, not insp'ration, seek,
In what men play and in what men find?
Your leave I must ask, forthcoming or not,
As already a lapse this matter has brought
And soonest return to my parchment and pen,
Too, that cupboard full of wise, old men.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Grumblings of a Loner by Ali Faizan Kazmi )
- I Will Still Love You, Sandra Feldman
- Born Too Many Times, Oduro Bright Amoh
- Self Examination, Phil Soar
- Life's Prison, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- One Enchanted Garden, Sandra Feldman
- Selfie Expression, Frank Avon
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.32, Monk E. Biz
- Tiger, Cherie Rogers
- Miracle in the dark, Mark Heathcote
- Fading Into Yesterfay, Heather Burns
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)