Grow up not, Child
Little child stop growing old
The world is not a happy place
Full of sufferings untold
Worries to disfigure your face!
Your smiles are till now so sweet
In your eyes flows the river of innocence
But as you grow up they will retreat
To burden your heart with pains!
Little child you would rather not grow
The world is not as simple as you
In your heart streams of joy flow
You glisten like the morn’s drop of dew!
Pradip Chattopadhyay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Grow up not, Child by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Down to Earth, moez meftah
- Away she went, moez meftah
- I Need A Reason To Live Your Dream, Asma Riaz Khan
- tera didar wo, Yashvardhan Goel
- My bloody heart!, Vinaya Joseph
- Cobwebs, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Gifts of Aging, Liilia Talts Morrison
- You Will...! ! !, Asma Riaz Khan
- Anjani Si Shikayat, Yashvardhan Goel
- Police station, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK