Grey spaces conquer speaking and talents that absorb
The stations of brilliance, a clinic of wonderment;
May the head bulge and destroy the wonders
Found inside the box that sold itself.
I sat on the sofa of gray space, my head hurt,
But my feet had revolved somehow and stared.
Along the back and arms there tingled my hare
That ran along by the way, waiting, waiting,
Longing towards the harbor often enough,
Loitering in the districts whatever the reason.
Near the window I sat, forgetting all those deliveries
This time by a way of remembrance that shook asunder.
May the hugeness feel like a worst throat of loose partners,
Holloway prisons speak only of majesty, that abhorred
A free thinking or philosophical outlook then in return,
One that forsook the life of leading, a little lesson for the devout
Of knowledge, of the knowledge devout,
Liking and loving all those words that devour.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Grey Spaces by Naveed Akram )
- The Afternoon, Leong Ming Loong
- Aligarh Muslim University & Raja Mahendr.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Storm Warning, ESPN CHICK
- A Kiss To Otis Redding, Electric Lady
- So Sensitive In My Heart, Rohit Sapra
- You own every part of me, Afrodita Alkline
- You (One Day I'll Forget You), ESPN CHICK
- Advice can have minus point., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- The Washerman's Ass Find I Not, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Thanksgiving, Akhtar Jawad
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(c. 600 BCE)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)