The greed of the 21st century
Upon humanity seen, near and far
Financial institutions fallen
Greed taken hold of human souls
Greed, too much for a few
The middle falling out,
The bottom melting to sunder
Greed, taking a hold of humanity
Boldly, greater and greater
The system is waning
Greed, in nations of the world
People with much, look away,
People with the least nourishment
Paying more and more
Will someone help to arrest
The cause of greed?
Will the greedy give something back?
Raise your voices not only to
Joyful encounters, stand up
Be counted with those who
Painfully goes to bed, hungry,
Wake up in despair,
Lend a hand, you who have much,
Help to eradicate greed!
One world humanity lives,
Your time to help is now!
Winston Harding's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Greed by Winston Harding )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- moon -haiku, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- The Right Time, Sandra Feldman
- Forces at Play, Liilia Talts Morrison
- A Kind of Vertigo, douglas scotney
- Sacaificed, Tony Ford
- Gay parade, Nassy Fesharaki
- Neighbor, Katie Doty
- department stores give me a headache, Mandolyn ...
- Secrets Hidden By The Side Of The Road, Is It Poetry
- Poetic Flashes, Sandra Feldman