Grandma Kay’s 95th Birthday
Grandma Kay just turned ninety five,
on her birthday in 2009.
In her nursing home her family was there,
Watching her blew out birthday candle without a care.
She was the star of her birthday show,
She blew out a candle that sparkled and glowed.
Friends and family sang along,
to her personalized birthday song.
Her son Russ played the guitar,
this was her best birthday by far.
She unwrapped presents from family and friends,
she was very happy like a child again.
Photo memories are snapped in time,
To remember Kay’s 95th Birthday that shined.
Written by Suzanna Chevalier on September 9,2011
Suzanna Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Grandma Kay’s 95th Birthday by Suzanna Chevalier )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- To Rosemounde, Geoffrey Chaucer
- Jo aashiqui me sarvsrestha hota hai, Sumit Rawat
- Amor vincit omnia, Suhail Kakorvi
- Stilling to North, Arthur Sze
- Counting the Days, Leonard Champlin
- Blue or Green, James Galvin
- By Sun Arisen, Saiom Shriver
- From Weapon To Lifegiver, Saiom Shriver
- Ars Poetica (cocoons), Dana Levin
- A Self-defeating Victory, Rajesh Thankappan