God Created Poetry
In the beginning God created the rules and the principles
That would govern His metrical composition.
Day one: God created metonymy and nature declared
The glory of God and His composite unity
Day two: God created the simile and man compared all
Things with like or as
Day three: God saw that the simile was alone and He
Created the metaphor. And God called them
Day four: God created personification and man gave
Names to all of the animals
Day five: God created meter and all of God's creation
Moved in perfect harmony.
Day six: God created exposition and it was clearly
Understood that love is God's nature and His
Day seven: God ceased from all of His works and set apart
The Sabbath. And God said that on this day
Mankind should rest and meditate on His Word.
Time Lapse: The critics of God became entangled with
Hyperbole. In doing so man separated himself
From the Creative Genius of life: God so loved
His metrical composition that He sent Jesus Christ
To inscribe the elements of poetry upon the hearts
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (God Created Poetry by Dr.Michael Brown )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- The Mousetrap, Herbert Nehrlich
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Y/.. A Restfull Mind, Aufie Zophy
- My bodyguard, Rob Spiering
- Green Shades Create a Meaning, Rohit Sapra
- Country Inn, Dr. Yogesh Sharma
- Mysterious guest., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- If You Could, Brian J. Stafford
- Melancholy of a dreamer, Jonathan De Vocht
- The snow makes me happy., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Nilgiri Tahrs., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Wild boars., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..