Mark Adrian Adonay
Getting to Know who I am
I see the face of morning
Where journey began
To start to walk;
For a new discovery
And a new life
And world, using my hand.
New books to open,
Old books to fold
Words to hold;
As I travel, ‘til I reach
The day of days
I’ve been waiting for
When it could be not
Or could be told
That I failed, or I win.
Being filled with courage
And desire to have
A meaningful life- - - -.
Searching what is to be searched,
Making what is to made
Fulfilling, what is to be fulfilled.
Everyday- - - - -.
Getting to know who I am.
Mark Adrian Adonay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Getting to Know who I am by Mark Adrian Adonay )
- Through A Puppet's Eyes (2), Dilantha Gunawardana
- Illusion perpetuates., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love inspired meetings inspire, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Autumn, Deborah Kelley
- Fear of God?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Keep On Groovin', Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Benefits For Them Do Not Exist, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Come close, hasmukh amathalal
- Cows caught, gajanan mishra
- Discovering God's Will, Tom Zart
Poem of the Day
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)