Mark Adrian Adonay
Getting to Know who I am
I see the face of morning
Where journey began
To start to walk;
For a new discovery
And a new life
And world, using my hand.
New books to open,
Old books to fold
Words to hold;
As I travel, ‘til I reach
The day of days
I’ve been waiting for
When it could be not
Or could be told
That I failed, or I win.
Being filled with courage
And desire to have
A meaningful life- - - -.
Searching what is to be searched,
Making what is to made
Fulfilling, what is to be fulfilled.
Everyday- - - - -.
Getting to know who I am.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Getting to Know who I am by Mark Adrian Adonay )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Liliana EL.
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- A Bottle And Friend, Robert Burns
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- My Heart's In The Highlands, Robert Burns
- A Winter Night, Robert Burns
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- upon new year's, Ivana Valasik
- Double Jeopardy, David Lewis Paget
- Mining artwork narratives from Sydney Bi.., Danny Draper
- I want to change the language, Danny Draper
- Conference confinement, Danny Draper
- Lunch in the Art Gallery of NSW members .., Danny Draper
- Vulnerability, Valsa George
- Arbitrary (an acronym for beaurocracy), Danny Draper
- The Great Avarice Belief, Danny Draper
- Five Liner- Another Dawn, Valsa George