Mark R Slaughter
Your intellect humbles with shattering blow!
Omnipotent, you are at one with the world.
There's no need to seek, as you already know:
Explained, reconciled, all so neatly unfurled.
Those complex equations are pliable toys,
And yours just to play with and loosen your mind.
Hypotheses and theories are also your boys -
In your world, together, all cosily enshrined.
No thought for the average like ignorant I,
‘Intolerable mule’ is your view of my brain.
My boundless limitations stretch far up on high -
All discourse with me renders tedium and pain.
So carry on Genius, forge brilliant new rules
For novel descriptions of universe and all,
And don’t waste your time with us asinine fools -
For you are but mortal, eventually to fall.
Copyright © Mark R Slaughter 2009
Mark R Slaughter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Genius by Mark R Slaughter )
Did you read them?
- दंङ आंहा कलम गंसे, Ronjoy Brahma
- Men are sexually cruel., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Decrepit, Adam Ruudiina
- NEELA NATH Opulent Poetess Extraordinair.., Mr. Nobody Nothing
- Not with tears, hasmukh amathalal
- Laziness, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Dreams or Dust?, Adam Ruudiina
- Shut up for good, gajanan mishra
- The Enemy, Jose Orozco
- आथिखाल, Ronjoy Brahma
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 March 1926 – 25 July 1966)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)