Mark R Slaughter
Your intellect humbles with shattering blow!
Omnipotent, you are at one with the world.
There's no need to seek, as you already know:
Explained, reconciled, all so neatly unfurled.
Those complex equations are pliable toys,
And yours just to play with and loosen your mind.
Hypotheses and theories are also your boys -
In your world, together, all cosily enshrined.
No thought for the average like ignorant I,
‘Intolerable mule’ is your view of my brain.
My boundless limitations stretch far up on high -
All discourse with me renders tedium and pain.
So carry on Genius, forge brilliant new rules
For novel descriptions of universe and all,
And don’t waste your time with us asinine fools -
For you are but mortal, eventually to fall.
Copyright © Mark R Slaughter 2009
Mark R Slaughter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Genius by Mark R Slaughter )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Eveningsong, Elizabeth Shield
- Chords Of Remembering, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Composite Of Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Journal Editors Calling Themselves C.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- until we end up in the same tent..., Mandolyn ...
- At First Sight, Elizabeth Shield
- Recognition Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- बिमा, Ronjoy Brahma
- i still weep for June~, Mandolyn ...
- Uncombed Sanctity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak