Mark R Slaughter
Your intellect humbles with shattering blow!
Omnipotent, you are at one with the world.
There's no need to seek, as you already know:
Explained, reconciled, all so neatly unfurled.
Those complex equations are pliable toys,
And yours just to play with and loosen your mind.
Hypotheses and theories are also your boys -
In your world, together, all cosily enshrined.
No thought for the average like ignorant I,
‘Intolerable mule’ is your view of my brain.
My boundless limitations stretch far up on high -
All discourse with me renders tedium and pain.
So carry on Genius, forge brilliant new rules
For novel descriptions of universe and all,
And don’t waste your time with us asinine fools -
For you are but mortal, eventually to fall.
Copyright © Mark R Slaughter 2009
Mark R Slaughter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Genius by Mark R Slaughter )
- Of the Depression, Javed Latoo
- Blue Eyes, Ronald Chapman
- A Tiny Plant, Manira Khan
- Pure femininity, Erato
- A Man's Oft-hidden Tears, Maurice Harris
- Contentment, Katherine Nordhaus
- The News Explained it to Me, Vera Sidhwa
- Diwali, Hans Raj Sharma
- One Nation Under God, Katherine Nordhaus
- the weather knows where i'll someday put.., Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)