Gates To Darkness
The gate is walking, the gates are running
Forwards and backwards just to enlighten,
Just so that souls enter the dragons of eggs,
These eggs will be everlasting, so solid due to age.
The entrance to the underworld is fierce,
And it takes longer to see than enter,
Swift was the entry;
Darkness loomed beyond the archways.
In this slate of writing called what’s under
We steal an object of magic and swerve
To see a relic for the competition,
Monsters of old, grey ointments predict us.
I see this gate of difference, insanity lurks,
Ready to be contracted due to gold and silver,
Through the heart the spears of the undead pierce,
Protecting their very existence for the worlds.
To return we are heavier than them in graveness,
Opening gates of the ferocity so such like gravity;
These orders are imperial in design,
Those commandments come from a slate of death.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gates To Darkness by Naveed Akram )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Dear! It Has To Be you, Rimni chakravarty
- Upon These Adored Shores, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Myself, Rimni chakravarty
- A tale of two trees, Ricky Nyairo
- Priceless Price, Persian Nightingale
- Cacophonous eves, Priyanka Bhowmick
- MY SIMPLE TASTES, Hannington Mumo
- I Feel So Lonely/So Left Out Of It, Shalom Freedman
- Cliche, Rimni chakravarty
- Acceptance of peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..