From a Tarnished Dream
Some possession wanted
No longer matter~
The long legs
Were never meant to be,
The curves of a model~
A dream never met.
Over and above the number
In cradle of love, a child.
A heart aches, it breaks~
Bleeds for the frame of its emptiness.
Reminders of a river of crying
Like sorrow between the covers.
As in a favorite book of failed romance,
All tears have turned
Into mourning memories.
And of hope never realized,
Like a fallen star
The nights live on in darkn34ess.
Possessed, still, is she, by that one
Polished now by healed heart
And new understanding
She mother’s the world’s children
In charity’s love blanket,
Woven as it is from the threads
Of an old tarnished dream.
Jackie Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (From a Tarnished Dream by Jackie Allen )
- My Beloved Is Beyond Compare, Folayemi Akande
- Haiku 'sparrows ', miken newman
- Through The Trees inside The Darkness, Little Eagle McGowan
- In those days, Gianfranco Aurilio
- God has Priorities, Professor Poetry Hound
- THE PRACTICE of PATIENCE, michael walkerjohn
- Kenya On Gear To Import Ebola, Pius Didier
- THE AGED EARTH, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- denominator, Cee Bea
- Language, Nassy Fesharaki
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- I'm Explaining a Few Things, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)