From a Tarnished Dream
Some possession wanted
No longer matter~
The long legs
Were never meant to be,
The curves of a model~
A dream never met.
Over and above the number
In cradle of love, a child.
A heart aches, it breaks~
Bleeds for the frame of its emptiness.
Reminders of a river of crying
Like sorrow between the covers.
As in a favorite book of failed romance,
All tears have turned
Into mourning memories.
And of hope never realized,
Like a fallen star
The nights live on in darkn34ess.
Possessed, still, is she, by that one
Polished now by healed heart
And new understanding
She mother’s the world’s children
In charity’s love blanket,
Woven as it is from the threads
Of an old tarnished dream.
Jackie Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (From a Tarnished Dream by Jackie Allen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Love has power, hasmukh amathalal
- Uneasy Rider, Diane Wakoski
- Perfect, Awkward Reality, Simon Quperlier
- The Photos, Diane Wakoski
- Thank You Dad, Damian Murphy
- Change Self Attitude and Find the World .., umaprosad das
- Lonely Is Me, Lilly Emery
- The Father of My Country, Diane Wakoski
- Life May Move, hasmukh amathalal
- Baby, You Are Poetry!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL