From a Tarnished Dream
Some possession wanted
No longer matter~
The long legs
Were never meant to be,
The curves of a model~
A dream never met.
Over and above the number
In cradle of love, a child.
A heart aches, it breaks~
Bleeds for the frame of its emptiness.
Reminders of a river of crying
Like sorrow between the covers.
As in a favorite book of failed romance,
All tears have turned
Into mourning memories.
And of hope never realized,
Like a fallen star
The nights live on in darkn34ess.
Possessed, still, is she, by that one
Polished now by healed heart
And new understanding
She mother’s the world’s children
In charity’s love blanket,
Woven as it is from the threads
Of an old tarnished dream.
Jackie Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (From a Tarnished Dream by Jackie Allen )
- The Lass Of Alberry, Julian Mann
- The truant.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- All Is This World, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Feeling Alive, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reactions To A Poem, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Examinations, abhi mangla
- 21 Years Gone By, Edward Kofi Louis
- Corruption, abhi mangla
- Nature, abhi mangla
- Mate, legitimate!, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)