A scene for romance, a bottle of wine,
Ripe olives, some pasta, any kind of dance
Takes me back to long ago days of my youth,
When as a young girl, I dreamed of romance,
Finding it first between the pages of a book.
It’s midnight, a taste of desire like fine wine, ah....
His clean shaven face, his gentle ways, his embrace
Sitting closely together in the gondola...who knew
A fire could be kindled without striking a match
Or or that passion could burn so intensely?
Dim the damn lights, damn the romantic nights~
I sit here perusing one novel after another, the chill
Of this lonely night, has me obsessed, has me
Longing for yet another chapter of ecstasy, a few
moments more, before I come to the last page.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Finding Romance by Jackie Allen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Hugging The Girl, Post Not The Photo, O .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- thank you for stepping on me, Mandolyn Davidson
- आंखौ बासिनाया (मेथाइ), Ronjoy Brahma
- that is not a moon, Mandolyn Davidson
- even clowns fall in love, Mandolyn Davidson
- The Third Eye, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Om; O Meditate You!, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Who Am I, Ronjoy Brahma
- LOVE JESUS, Tom Zart
- Nataraja Shiva- II, Bijay Kant Dubey