Dr John Celes
Friendship Day Poem
I cannot make friends all the time!
I can't keep friendship forever;
I cannot have too many foes;
I cannot live in joys or woes!
A good friend is a life-long thing;
A best friend is something so rare;
But friends are not ideal always;
One's kith and kin matters some days!
Relationship is in your hands!
You can turn something sweet or sour;
Getting a friend is just one thing;
Keep the friendship live and sing!
Take just the best out of this life!
Ignore defects and faults of past;
What you give unto others, speaks;
The wise man for true friendship, seeks!
‘Happy Friendship Day! '
Copyright by Dr John Celes 11-08-12
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Friendship Day Poem by Dr John Celes )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Character, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- I am a Poet Seer, Emmanuel George Cefai
- We are into a play, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Town of mighty heels, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Round round, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Tremble before heavens, Emmanuel George Cefai
- In the groves of sadness, Emmanuel George Cefai
- I figured It, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Hypnosis, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Night and day, night and moon, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Eyes be of the propensity, Emmanuel George Cefai