Dr John Celes
Friendship Day Poem
I cannot make friends all the time!
I can't keep friendship forever;
I cannot have too many foes;
I cannot live in joys or woes!
A good friend is a life-long thing;
A best friend is something so rare;
But friends are not ideal always;
One's kith and kin matters some days!
Relationship is in your hands!
You can turn something sweet or sour;
Getting a friend is just one thing;
Keep the friendship live and sing!
Take just the best out of this life!
Ignore defects and faults of past;
What you give unto others, speaks;
The wise man for true friendship, seeks!
‘Happy Friendship Day! '
Copyright by Dr John Celes 11-08-12
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Friendship Day Poem by Dr John Celes )
- Stalwart, Naveed Khalid
- On A Little Mermaid, Naveed Khalid
- I Quit, Fame, May Wang
- Companion, Naveed Khalid
- Melancholy, Naveed Khalid
- More Than I Ask, Susan Lacovara
- We poets cultivate insanity, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Plato's Dialogue, Naveed Khalid
- Silence and Chaos, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- A Bridal Song, Naveed Khalid