It is nice and easy to make friendship
But it is, of course, very delicate in nature,
Very difficult to maintain and continue,
And to be nurtured with etiquette and care.
Disregard, mistrust or misunderstanding,
May break down the unification at an instant,
Any ill insinuation against or any ill feelings,
May crack down or make the relation distant.
Hatred poisons heart and soul drastically,
If once happens to penetrate into mind,
It helps to breed ill motives and things only,
And thereafter, any good is hard to find.
Love is the strong bond to unite heart to heart,
Which creates faith and regards amongst mankind,
Helps in friendship and makes the bond unbreakable,
By nurturing always the good for others in mind.
Friendship shares joys and sorrows, pains and gains,
Friendship shares good or bad, even secret or debt,
Friendship is over hide and seek and doubts and bouts,
Friendship is more than wealth, the most precious asset.
umaprosad das's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Friendship by umaprosad das )
- The Afternoon, Leong Ming Loong
- Aligarh Muslim University & Raja Mahendr.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Storm Warning, ESPN CHICK
- A Kiss To Otis Redding, Electric Lady
- So Sensitive In My Heart, Rohit Sapra
- You own every part of me, Afrodita Alkline
- You (One Day I'll Forget You), ESPN CHICK
- Advice can have minus point., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- The Washerman's Ass Find I Not, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Thanksgiving, Akhtar Jawad
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(c. 600 BCE)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)