Friends are truly beautifl people who
Mean a lot to you.
In the game of life,
They see you through.
Like graceful butterflies
In flight, they
Brighten up your
Days and Nights.
Roxanne Dubarry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
We started talking about friendship and how supportive we should be to each other. That's when the light went on, and I composed my greeting card poem.
Over the years, I have handed out this poem to several people. It made us all feel better and good about ourselves. That's what I used to do, hand out poems written by my mother and me.
Comments about this poem (Friends by Roxanne Dubarry )
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Case Of Murder, Vernon Scannell
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- When Spring Goes By, Duncan Campbell Scott
- (955) Poverty (Acros.., Melvina Germain
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)