Hear! Hear! Friend,
Do not think these fiends friends,
All they seek my friend
Is naught but your very end.
Do not listen, my friend, To their idle chant of glorious end,
Take heed and run from these fiends,
Who would watch you stroll to a scornful end.
See! Friend see!
All around they dig holes,
Their thoughts friend, are not whole,
Their love for long will not hold!
You shall see my friend,
They are friendly foes.
Precious Okidika's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Friendly Foes by Precious Okidika )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Let Us Enjoy The Tiny Moments Of Life!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Meanderings, Naveed Khalid
- The Love To Motherland, Bulat Okudzhava
- Pastimes Of Poetry, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Think tank, gajanan mishra
- Be thankfull, obed obser
- My Generation, Bulat Okudzhava
- The Midnight Trolley Bus, Bulat Okudzhava
- Now Falling, Bulat Okudzhava
- Oh, You, Fancies, Bulat Okudzhava