Hear! Hear! Friend,
Do not think these fiends friends,
All they seek my friend
Is naught but your very end.
Do not listen, my friend, To their idle chant of glorious end,
Take heed and run from these fiends,
Who would watch you stroll to a scornful end.
See! Friend see!
All around they dig holes,
Their thoughts friend, are not whole,
Their love for long will not hold!
You shall see my friend,
They are friendly foes.
Precious Okidika's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Friendly Foes by Precious Okidika )
- Make others do, gajanan mishra
- MY FEELINGS FOR YOU, AMADU KAMARA
- From Gandhiji's Quotes for Gandhi Jayanthi, Dr John Celes
- Seeing, Aparna Chatterjee
- O American Girl, Will You Take With You?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Woman in Love, Akhtar Jawad
- Endearing Love, Kwai Chee Low
- The Swing, Kwai Chee Low
- Price, Ashraful Alam Shikder
- Let The King Think, Ashraful Alam Shikder
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Philip Booth
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)