Hear! Hear! Friend,
Do not think these fiends friends,
All they seek my friend
Is naught but your very end.
Do not listen, my friend, To their idle chant of glorious end,
Take heed and run from these fiends,
Who would watch you stroll to a scornful end.
See! Friend see!
All around they dig holes,
Their thoughts friend, are not whole,
Their love for long will not hold!
You shall see my friend,
They are friendly foes.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Friendly Foes by Precious Okidika )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Who Ever Loved That Loved Not at First S.., Christopher Marlowe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Johnny Giles (Clerihew), Paul Butters
- Vapour Trail Sky, Paul Gerard Reed
- Carrot/Stick Solution, Ima Ryma
- electrification, oskar hansen
- Love And Respect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Curtain of Fog, V P Mahur
- Love's Dictum, L. E. O. Gibraltar
- Crow Is Still Thirsty, V P Mahur
- Holding Onto Inner Purposes, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Caring For Yourself, RoseAnn V. Shawiak