Hear! Hear! Friend,
Do not think these fiends friends,
All they seek my friend
Is naught but your very end.
Do not listen, my friend, To their idle chant of glorious end,
Take heed and run from these fiends,
Who would watch you stroll to a scornful end.
See! Friend see!
All around they dig holes,
Their thoughts friend, are not whole,
Their love for long will not hold!
You shall see my friend,
They are friendly foes.
Precious Okidika's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Friendly Foes by Precious Okidika )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Bombs And Rain, Kyle Schlicher
- Prime Reasoning, F. J. Thomas
- Lets Try Again (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Let's Make Those Sad Tears Disappear (Se.., Ronald Chapman
- Hide and Seek, Dean Meredith
- In Rum, Beer, Brandy, Whiskey, See I My .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Let's Climb A Mountain, Ronald Chapman
- Learning to Live, Ronald Chapman
- Laundry Day (Haiku), Ronald Chapman
- The Lamb (Children's Poetry), Ronald Chapman