Friend, Hope For The Guest While You Are Alive
Friend, hope for the Guest while you are alive.
Jump into experience while you are alive!
Think... and think... while you are alive.
What you call 'salvation' belongs to the time
If you don't break your ropes while you're alive,
do you think
ghosts will do it after?
The idea that the soul will join with the ecstatic
just because the body is rotten—
that is all fantasy.
What is found now is found then.
If you find nothing now,
you will simply end up with an apartment
in the City of Death.
If you make love with the divine now, in the next life
you will have the face of satisfied desire.
So plunge into the truth, find out who the Teacher is,
believe in the Great Sound!
Kabir says this: When the Guest is being search for,
it is the intensity of the longing for the Guest
that does all the work.
Look at me, and you will see a slave of that intensity.
Kabir's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Friend, Hope For The Guest While You Are Alive by Kabir )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Naveed Khalid
(1 January 1903 - 13 March 1976)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Sir Walter Scott
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Exposure, Wilfred Owen
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
Poem of the Day
- my high school poetry, Leila Hadi
- westnile, Leila Hadi
- With colors, gajanan mishra
- OBITUARY TO INNOCENTS (KILLED SCHOOL CHI.., shuvo chakraborty
- Trees, Leila Hadi
- No Name Necessary, Leila Hadi
- I Dream of Making Films, Md. Ziaul Haque
- I Still Miss You, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Eid, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Misunderstandings, Md. Ziaul Haque