Lawrence S. Pertillar
Free From Any Involvement
Life comes to present to us all,
Losses to accept to eventually let go.
Even though lamented sentiments,
Are difficult to experience...
Without, somehow, letting them show.
Life comes with it a price to pay as well.
And for some this doing seems a daily process.
With lessons to dismiss,
Or just ignore them to not benefit.
To continue to resist as tears from eyes drop.
And still people live as if indifferent,
To what it is they condone and permit to not stop.
With a pretense to have no acknowledgement.
Although appearing at their doors,
Are imprints of their muddied footsteps galore.
'Who is coming to help us resolve 'our' problems,
To allow us to be free from any involvement? '
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Free From Any Involvement by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- It Is Quite Sad (Part 2), Ronell Warren Alman
- Bubble burst no home no trust, Nalini Chaturvedi
- You Are, Edward Kofi Louis
- Missing sky, gajanan mishra
- PARTNERS IN CRIME, Terry Collett
- Palace of death - this body, gajanan mishra
- Twelve Step Heaven, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Hardcastle Crags, Sylvia Plath
- Burning The Letters, Sylvia Plath
- On Edge at Midnight, Kimani wa Mumbi
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Power Of Music, Sukumar Ray
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost