Lawrence S. Pertillar
Free From Any Involvement
Life comes to present to us all,
Losses to accept to eventually let go.
Even though lamented sentiments,
Are difficult to experience...
Without, somehow, letting them show.
Life comes with it a price to pay as well.
And for some this doing seems a daily process.
With lessons to dismiss,
Or just ignore them to not benefit.
To continue to resist as tears from eyes drop.
And still people live as if indifferent,
To what it is they condone and permit to not stop.
With a pretense to have no acknowledgement.
Although appearing at their doors,
Are imprints of their muddied footsteps galore.
'Who is coming to help us resolve 'our' problems,
To allow us to be free from any involvement? '
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Free From Any Involvement by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1923 - 1998)
(8 December 65 BC – 27 November 8 BC)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)
(27 July 1870 – 16 July 1953)
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Loving is What Christmas is All About, Dorsey Baker
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Good Riddance, Electric Lady
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne