Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
Free From Any Involvement
Life comes to present to us all,
Losses to accept to eventually let go.
Even though lamented sentiments,
Are difficult to experience...
Without, somehow, letting them show.
Life comes with it a price to pay as well.
And for some this doing seems a daily process.
With lessons to dismiss,
Or just ignore them to not benefit.
To continue to resist as tears from eyes drop.
And still people live as if indifferent,
To what it is they condone and permit to not stop.
With a pretense to have no acknowledgement.
Although appearing at their doors,
Are imprints of their muddied footsteps galore.
'Who is coming to help us resolve 'our' problems,
To allow us to be free from any involvement? '
Poet Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.