Lawrence S. Pertillar
Free From Any Involvement
Life comes to present to us all,
Losses to accept to eventually let go.
Even though lamented sentiments,
Are difficult to experience...
Without, somehow, letting them show.
Life comes with it a price to pay as well.
And for some this doing seems a daily process.
With lessons to dismiss,
Or just ignore them to not benefit.
To continue to resist as tears from eyes drop.
And still people live as if indifferent,
To what it is they condone and permit to not stop.
With a pretense to have no acknowledgement.
Although appearing at their doors,
Are imprints of their muddied footsteps galore.
'Who is coming to help us resolve 'our' problems,
To allow us to be free from any involvement? '
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Free From Any Involvement by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Harold Hart Crane
(21 July 1899 – 27 April 1932)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(25 November 1890 – 1 April 1918)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(6 January 1878 – 22 July 1967)
(1886 - 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Ranga Duniya ne Dkhaya hai Nirala, Kumar Vishwas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Television, Roald Dahl
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- Enjoying Conversations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- How Long A Breath of Moment Be...(r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Communicating Through Talent, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Moments Of Refreshing Writing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God., Th@ We N0t, sEaN nOrTh
- only Dfence against a rhythm - Boi, sEaN nOrTh
- Snuggle 2, Michael P. McParland
- ROAD FROM PARIS 1970, Terry Collett
- '' O '', Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Short and Sweet, Brittany Veloso