Fragments of a Ninth Birthday
Fragments of a red balloon
Hang limp on the rail.
Like the echoes of a birthday tune
They're now remanants of a birthday tale.
The Green Machine sets in park.
Its reverie grows dim.
Like a broken heart, silenced in the dark.
Waiting, waiting, just for him.
Gift boxes and ribbons, ripped apart,
New toys left on the floor,
Like the little boys' lonely heart,
They're now locked behind a closed door.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fragments of a Ninth Birthday by NeVada Baker )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Rembrandt, Phil Soar
- Margrit Biever Mondavi…..Happy Birthday .., James B. Earley
- Symbols Unremembered, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Restoration, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Lovely Fact, Naveed Akram
- Road to Black, Amateur Vagabond
- Her Unconditional Beauty, Mpho Tsakata
- Lead Me Into Light, Valerie Dohren
- Nature Is Full Of Cuts, Is It Poetry
- A SAD STORY IN A POEM قصة حزينة في قصيدة, MOHAMMAD SKATI