Fragments of a Ninth Birthday
Fragments of a red balloon
Hang limp on the rail.
Like the echoes of a birthday tune
They're now remanants of a birthday tale.
The Green Machine sets in park.
Its reverie grows dim.
Like a broken heart, silenced in the dark.
Waiting, waiting, just for him.
Gift boxes and ribbons, ripped apart,
New toys left on the floor,
Like the little boys' lonely heart,
They're now locked behind a closed door.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fragments of a Ninth Birthday by NeVada Baker )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Doomed, Kyle Schlicher
- Memory Without Remorse, Kyle Schlicher
- Question Answered, Kyle Schlicher
- Spearmint Leaves, Saiom Shriver
- THIS LIFE IS UP-SIDE-DOWN هذه الحياة متك.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Islands of Flowers, Marilyn Lott
- Home-makers, Dr Deena Padayachee
- I APOLOGIZE FOR YOU, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- On your toe, shubham sutar
- I don't know what to think of it, shubham sutar