Four Hours Until You Break
Its like a snow storm predicted on your wedding day, and no snow.
Its like a holiday bus schedule and no way home but the thumb.
Its like an engine cracking and oil spilling out into the road.
Its like no oil in the tank and no heat for weeks.
Its like pouring soup into a processor and having it leak into the electric gears
Its like being knocked out but still on your feet.
its like no clean underwear and at a job interview.
Its like the wife working late.
Its like cuboards full of dog food.
Its like three car pile up on the expressway in the summer with a broken thermostat.
Its like a desire quenched but not satisfied.
Its like another young certificate holder replacing an old timer.
Its like the soup kitchen running out of food.
Its like heaven being too full of dead soldiers.
Its like a head injury, a lobotomy, or a mental numbness.
Its like an equation rewritten to work.
Its like one plus one equals four.
its like a river runs in reverse.
Its like wonders of the universe revealed and lackluster.
Its like history is make-believe and your generation is the first subjects.
Its like a hangover and sour stomach two hours to get to work and two hours of sleep
and four hours until you break
jerome moore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Four Hours Until You Break by jerome moore )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Mad Scientist Writing, Kyle Schlicher
- Right or Wrong, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- A Real Friend, Margaret Moran
- you're a vessel i want live on twelve mo.., Mandolyn ...
- Riff on Bruce's Post Card Love Affairs, David McLansky
- Eternal Thirst, Lora Colon
- When I look at you, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Formalities Not Necessary, Margaret Moran
- two women, Nassy Fesharaki
- I have seen everywhere, gajanan mishra