Four Hours Until You Break
Its like a snow storm predicted on your wedding day, and no snow.
Its like a holiday bus schedule and no way home but the thumb.
Its like an engine cracking and oil spilling out into the road.
Its like no oil in the tank and no heat for weeks.
Its like pouring soup into a processor and having it leak into the electric gears
Its like being knocked out but still on your feet.
its like no clean underwear and at a job interview.
Its like the wife working late.
Its like cuboards full of dog food.
Its like three car pile up on the expressway in the summer with a broken thermostat.
Its like a desire quenched but not satisfied.
Its like another young certificate holder replacing an old timer.
Its like the soup kitchen running out of food.
Its like heaven being too full of dead soldiers.
Its like a head injury, a lobotomy, or a mental numbness.
Its like an equation rewritten to work.
Its like one plus one equals four.
its like a river runs in reverse.
Its like wonders of the universe revealed and lackluster.
Its like history is make-believe and your generation is the first subjects.
Its like a hangover and sour stomach two hours to get to work and two hours of sleep
and four hours until you break
jerome moore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Four Hours Until You Break by jerome moore )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(20 June 1952 -)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(27 March 1926 – 25 July 1966)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Rainbow's Promise, renu kakkar
- Andhere Kaa Deepak, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- Don't Reach, Robert Ronnow
- You are all here, gajanan mishra
- Blue Wedding Bells Ring, Ken e Hall
- The Battleground, Leong Ming Loong
- An inner core, hasmukh amathalal
- Indeed I am no good so by Rasul Gamzatov, Yuri Starostin
- 1400 grams of wisdom (Merry Christmas), devon da poet
- Aspirations Inherited, Perveiz Ali
- Chimp Chomp - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Night Sky, Paul Gerard Reed