Four Hours Until You Break
Its like a snow storm predicted on your wedding day, and no snow.
Its like a holiday bus schedule and no way home but the thumb.
Its like an engine cracking and oil spilling out into the road.
Its like no oil in the tank and no heat for weeks.
Its like pouring soup into a processor and having it leak into the electric gears
Its like being knocked out but still on your feet.
its like no clean underwear and at a job interview.
Its like the wife working late.
Its like cuboards full of dog food.
Its like three car pile up on the expressway in the summer with a broken thermostat.
Its like a desire quenched but not satisfied.
Its like another young certificate holder replacing an old timer.
Its like the soup kitchen running out of food.
Its like heaven being too full of dead soldiers.
Its like a head injury, a lobotomy, or a mental numbness.
Its like an equation rewritten to work.
Its like one plus one equals four.
its like a river runs in reverse.
Its like wonders of the universe revealed and lackluster.
Its like history is make-believe and your generation is the first subjects.
Its like a hangover and sour stomach two hours to get to work and two hours of sleep
and four hours until you break
jerome moore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Four Hours Until You Break by jerome moore )
- 'My Poems Conclusion With All My Sadness.., Ali Sabry
- 'My Dear, ', Ali Sabry
- - Dear My Lovely Beauty Princess3-, Ali Sabry
- - Dear My Lovely Beauty Princess2-, Ali Sabry
- - Dear My Lovely Beauty Princess1-, Ali Sabry
- - My Poems Introduction The Romantic Poe.., Ali Sabry
- Thomas Shadwell (an intro), Yohan Confectioner
- - My Last Letter To My Lovely Beauty Lad.., Ali Sabry
- - Yesterday I Was Walking Alone On The R.., Ali Sabry
- - To My Dear Expensive-, Ali Sabry
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)