For us bred
Fluffy cute chicks
barely two weeks
huddled in one small space
for men's bowel bred
scared and afraid
their minds are a jumble of mess!
Readied for a ride
to the river's other side
ferried on a small wooden boat
where the market
will decide their fate
finding kind home is remote!
Those chicks that are dead
will sink to riverbed
the living will leave them behind
I can only mourn
pray they are never born
as victims of greed cruelly blind!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For us bred by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- swimming, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Leter tim biri, skender iljaz braka
- The wise people, hasmukh amathalal
- Resiliendum, Anthony Di'anno
- Per ty Palestine, skender iljaz braka
- Crisis Arrives, Naveed Akram
- My phantom grandpa!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- admiring the love of love, Jamal Downes
- Alabama Love, Jamal Downes
- Genna, Jamal Downes