For us bred
Fluffy cute chicks
barely two weeks
huddled in one small space
for men's bowel bred
scared and afraid
their minds are a jumble of mess!
Readied for a ride
to the river's other side
ferried on a small wooden boat
where the market
will decide their fate
finding kind home is remote!
Those chicks that are dead
will sink to riverbed
the living will leave them behind
I can only mourn
pray they are never born
as victims of greed cruelly blind!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For us bred by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Ikaw lang, Jesus James Llorico
- SEASONS' PRETTY CLOTHES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Daily Grind, Charles Hice
- Winter (HAIKU), Shqipe Prence
- The Real Robber, Monojit Chatterjee
- Untitle II, Seira LNlee94
- Robbin Williams - RIP, krishnakumar chandrasekar nair
- Body and Spirit, Mwenyeji Spikes
- Abiding In Forgiveness, Mwenyeji Spikes
- A SPECIAL LANGUAGE, MOHAMMAD SKATI