FOR INMATES WILLING TO CHANGE
Why not have certain inmates who are willing to change—
realize they can get better and write a new page—
A new page to their life from not going back to the insane—
Through sheriffs good thoughts, actions words and deeds
help these inmates feel worthy to get out and succeed.
Have a sheriff as a sponsor who will be there for them—
Is that an idea to treat them like family or friend?
When nurses do the “psyche evaluation”
why not make it more of how can we help
them get better without more incarseration?
Not just are you going to commit suicide?
How about what do we need to do to get
you to a point of healing deep inside?
Relationships then between law enforcement
would take on a new meaning-
Not the system of control which
lacks empathy and can be demeaning.
Christina Sunrise's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (FOR INMATES WILLING TO CHANGE by Christina Sunrise )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Sacrifices, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Value Of A Telephone, Edgar Albert Guest
- My mind is not without fear.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Jes' Wonderin'!, Edgar Albert Guest
- Tell Him Why, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Time For Brotherhood, Edgar Albert Guest
- Capital Punishment, Edgar Albert Guest
- Answering The Usual Questions, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Cure, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Peace Makers, Tony Adah