FOR INMATES WILLING TO CHANGE
Why not have certain inmates who are willing to change—
realize they can get better and write a new page—
A new page to their life from not going back to the insane—
Through sheriffs good thoughts, actions words and deeds
help these inmates feel worthy to get out and succeed.
Have a sheriff as a sponsor who will be there for them—
Is that an idea to treat them like family or friend?
When nurses do the “psyche evaluation”
why not make it more of how can we help
them get better without more incarseration?
Not just are you going to commit suicide?
How about what do we need to do to get
you to a point of healing deep inside?
Relationships then between law enforcement
would take on a new meaning-
Not the system of control which
lacks empathy and can be demeaning.
Christina Sunrise's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (FOR INMATES WILLING TO CHANGE by Christina Sunrise )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Poem of the Day
- Money (Cedi), Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- Off the Rez, Smoky Hoss
- As an emigrant كمهاجر, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Two Little Boats, Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- The Golden Swan, Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- As a passer-bye, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Love is Blue, Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- Song of Yuletide Night, Sir Toby Moses
- Another Jungle Pool, Denis Martindale
- Buy Me, My Love, Tom Navarro