Fluidic Red with a Punch
Parched lips are the result
of a conversation needed.
But honest feelings shared
go down like soured wine,
warmed by room temperature,
now in aromatic vinegar form,
stench, and taste -
Honesty is dangerous to serve
when guests are expecting
a dissimilar flavor and conclusion,
wishing shallow water
had never been turned to wine.
The resolution to dole it out
waits in the heart of the host
until there is no other alternative,
no other refreshment to menu,
leaving company discontented
and momentarily offended.
Honesty’s appearance is deceiving -
fluidic red with a punch;
but medicinal and healing
when adorned in a clear vas
of kindness and love.
The result can be liberating
as the distasteful contents flow,
and truth trickles from each lip,
meeting in the middle,
kissing all assumption away.
Honesty’s meant to be served,
not just an ideal empty glass
ignored and left on display.
Vaughn Wood's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fluidic Red with a Punch by Vaughn Wood )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Before you've brush your teeth, Mark Heathcote
- Arrival, Tony Adah
- Nigeria I Hail Thee, Tega Akpomraphiphe
- Her Smile, Tega Akpomraphiphe
- ©Getting Over You, Bandile Matsenjwa
- Lost and Found (one f word at the end), Anthony Di'anno
- raining in scotland, ko the skipper
- THE BLACK MAN WITH A KNIFE, johnny case
- I don't know if I know me, Logan Fulk
- Frustration, courtney metcalf