The Worst And Best Day of My Life
Not many days hold the power of such parody,
Where reflection bids a respectful bow.
Catastrophic at first glance,
A single day full of heartbreaking events.
Recollection of painful conversations,
Attempted explanations, now vanished into thin air.
Failure beyond human comprehension,
How dare Winter steal Spring’s fresh scent.
The loyal appearing disenchanted,
The young, anguished, their innocence lost.
The criminal confessing,
While departing alone in the dark.
Could any good surface
From the ash of these burnt dreams?
The worst of it settles, supplying a rich soil,
To everyone’s surprise, with tremendous potential.
What to grow from such muddy disappointment?
Fertility will yield to the planter’s chosen seed.
This is mere dirt, where “worst” could worsen,
Or the “best” is free to flower.
Vaughn Wood's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Worst And Best Day of My Life by Vaughn Wood )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- My Problem With Words, Valsa George
- Purchased Palsy, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Just stupid, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- To Efe Benjamin, Electric Lady
- You chose the gift above the giver!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Immersing Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Ruled By Share Values, Terence G. Craddock
- Forgive Me Lord, The Oracle
- Earth's Greediest Ruling Government?, Terence G. Craddock
- She's The Devil and I am Her Sin, A.j. Binash