The Worst And Best Day of My Life
Not many days hold the power of such parody,
Where reflection bids a respectful bow.
Catastrophic at first glance,
A single day full of heartbreaking events.
Recollection of painful conversations,
Attempted explanations, now vanished into thin air.
Failure beyond human comprehension,
How dare Winter steal Spring’s fresh scent.
The loyal appearing disenchanted,
The young, anguished, their innocence lost.
The criminal confessing,
While departing alone in the dark.
Could any good surface
From the ash of these burnt dreams?
The worst of it settles, supplying a rich soil,
To everyone’s surprise, with tremendous potential.
What to grow from such muddy disappointment?
Fertility will yield to the planter’s chosen seed.
This is mere dirt, where “worst” could worsen,
Or the “best” is free to flower.
Vaughn Wood's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Worst And Best Day of My Life by Vaughn Wood )
- Cardinal flower, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Down the Memory Lane, Valsa George
- I Miss You, Viola Hughes
- Little Grass, wasim Akram
- Silence of graveyard, ramesh rai
- Stand Small, Von Kimball Barney
- This Friendship Has Sunk, Francie Lynch
- Smiling, Mokhtari Houssam eddine
- Desperation and Suicide, Is It Poetry
- Journey Rythms, Tony Adah