The stone in the air, which I followed.
Your eye, as blind as the stone.
we baled the darkness empty, we found
the word that ascended summer:
Flower - a blind man's word.
Your eye and mine:
Heart wall upon heart wall
adds petals to it.
One more word like this word, and the hammers
will swing over open ground.
Paul Celan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Flower by Paul Celan )
- Anticipation, Roann Mendriq
- I Will Give You Air, Ismim Putera
- Seduction Theory, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Late-night Lullaby, Ismim Putera
- A PRELUDE (To December), Vinaya Joseph
- Lucien, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Ghazal - Qyamat Ho Gai Hay, Bano Ali
- Stand Up Witness Your Dream, Fatima Nusairat
- Zero Turkey Wing, Havilah
- Reading and Writing, umaprosad das
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Bright Star, John Keats
- Where The Mind Is Without Fear, Rabindranath Tagore
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(November 1, 1871 – June 5, 1900)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)