Flag Red Too
Flag Red Too
Tell me why…?
In one's blood did hatred lie.
Tell me why..?
Peace present'd in prostration
Worthy land dreamt not,
Freedom in ‘Strict Non-Vegetarian Rulers'
Thirsty they are, innocent blood you have.
Fear not, do wait…..
Turn will be yours, do wait….
Red is blood you verily know.
Tell me why?
Red in colour my homeland is?
Nourished is my land, for Thy blood was crimson
Red is your flag,
I tell you why…?
You crept'nt to scrutinize our soil.
You scud over it, gluttonous wind driven you.
Never ever, you smelt'nt the blood aroma.
India I blame not, your pretence…..
But I see crimson blood in your hands.
I see blood in your flag, , , , , , , , that
I amount your flag is red, that is why….
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Flag Red Too by Arif Nisar )
- Lost Love Redux, Robert Kane
- When I see u, dipa bhattacharyya
- This Flower, Rohit Sapra
- Pretend, dipa bhattacharyya
- This unknown world هذا العالم المجهول, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- IF, dipa bhattacharyya
- This unknown world, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Grace, Scott J. Shepard
- My chidhood poem collection -2, soulful heart
- Pleasant Weather, Royal Flower
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)