First Party At Ken Kesey's With Hell's Angels
Cool black night thru redwoods
cars parked outside in shade
behind the gate, stars dim above
the ravine, a fire burning by the side
porch and a few tired souls hunched over
in black leather jackets. In the huge
wooden house, a yellow chandelier
at 3 A.M. the blast of loudspeakers
hi-fi Rolling Stones Ray Charles Beatles
Jumping Joe Jackson and twenty youths
dancing to the vibration thru the floor,
a little weed in the bathroom, girls in scarlet
tights, one muscular smooth skinned man
sweating dancing for hours, beer cans
bent littering the yard, a hanged man
sculpture dangling from a high creek branch,
children sleeping softly in their bedroom bunks.
And 4 police cars parked outside the painted
gate, red lights revolving in the leaves.
Allen Ginsberg's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (First Party At Ken Kesey's With Hell's Angels by Allen Ginsberg )
Did you read them?
- What Makes A Man A Man, John Masaitis
- Is It My Poetry's Nadir?, Dr John Celes
- Resolute Me, S. I. Rednow
- The Life Of A Junkie, John Masaitis
- falling in love after love fell for us, Mandolyn ...
- Birth Of A Boy, John Masaitis
- A Toast to Love, Sara Militello
- Overcoming obstacles, Gerry Legister
- Easy, Curtis Brown
- The Bed, John Foster