Feb. 29, 1958
Last nite I dreamed of T.S. Eliot
welcoming me to the land of dream
Sofas couches fog in England
Tea in his digs Chelsea rainbows
curtains on his windows, fog seeping in
the chimney but a nice warm house
and an incredibly sweet hooknosed
Eliot he loved me, put me up,
gave me a couch to sleep on,
conversed kindly, took me serious
asked my opinion on Mayakovsky
I read him Corso Creeley Kerouac
advised Burroughs Olson Huncke
the bearded lady in the Zoo, the
intelligent puma in Mexico City
6 chorus boys from Zanzibar
who chanted in wornout polygot
Swahili, and the rippling rythyms
of Ma Rainey and Vachel Lindsay.
On the Isle of the Queen
we had a long evening's conversation
Then he tucked me in my long
red underwear under a silken
blanket by the fire on the sofa
gave me English Hottie
and went off sadly to his bed,
Saying ah Ginsberg I am glad
to have met a fine young man like you.
At last, I woke ashamed of myself.
Is he that good and kind? Am I that great?
What's my motive dreaming his
manna? What English Department
would that impress? What failure
to be perfect prophet's made up here?
I dream of my kindness to T.S. Eliot
wanting to be a historical poet
and share in his finance of Imagery-
overambitious dream of eccentric boy.
God forbid my evil dreams come true.
Last nite I dreamed of Allen Ginsberg.
T.S. Eliot would've been ashamed of me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Feb. 29, 1958 by Allen Ginsberg )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Did you read them?
- Virtuous people shall not do certain thi.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Drinking The Pineapple Wind Out Of A Cloud, mary douglas
- The great companion, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Save By The crumbs, George Egba
- OUR WORDS ARE NOT FUNNY كلماتنا ليست للت.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A SEASON RETREATS..., M.D Dinesh Nair
- Mockingbird tanka, hap rochelle
- My Music Box, Have They Killed You?, mary douglas
- Try to be, hasmukh amathalal
- Id. is case sensative, Aftab Alam