As the wind blows and leaves rustle.
Fire spits through the air.
Smoke and ash fly everywhere.
The young and old cower in fear.
Young and handsome bursts out of the clouds.
Big and strong with a mighty sword.
Shield in one hand to fight off the flames.
Ashes fly everywhere but the hero shows no fear.
Triumphant roars ring through the skies.
Screams come from all directions.
I'll save you all the hero claims.
Flames shoot towards the sky.
The hero rises to the challenge.
A failed attempt at stabbing the heart.
Followed by many many more.
This hero will never give up.
He will not rest till mirth fills the atmosphere.
Jab, jab and jab again.
He must try with all his might.
One last stab, will the fire breather go down?
The hero hopes and prays for success.
The ground shakes.
Oh no a possible earthquake.
The hero celebrates with joy.
The monster is dead and now has no head.
The young hero mounts the head with pride.
All fear is gone but no hope is lost.
The hero may rest at last.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Firebreather by Katie Diaz )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Graveyard, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Symphony of Discords By K.V.Suryanarayan.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Our Roads, Somanathan Iyer
- It's Not Just Rain, Daniel Skentelbery
- The Day After I Shouted Abuse at the Queen, Daniel Skentelbery
- Name-Calling, Diane Hine
- A pan fried fish…?, Mark Heathcote
- The Persecuted, Sandra Feldman
- wedding day, ademola oluwabusayo
- Dream the moon, Somanathan Iyer