Fine Your Voice
yes you have a voice.
That should not be your voice
Your voice is up in the coldest mountain.
The path is thorn filled all the way
Only your voice will see you through
In the absence of your knowing, your dreams will navigate you.
Your face is filled with scars; of this difficult life.
Don’t let your voice go in vein
It is the voice of the street.
That voice is the voice of the slum
It is the voice of the less privilege
This voice is the voice of your very heart
This voice is the strength in veins, hope in heart.
This voice is the fairy tales told by mothers, under the moonlight
This voice is the voice that tells u to fight back when bitten
This voice is the tears from a mother, and a smile from another mother.
This voice is your feelings and emotions.
Umar mohammed's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fine Your Voice by Umar mohammed )
- My Mermaid Muse, Erato
- A Zulu Kingdom, Margaret Alice Second
- Forever Purpurating Lavender, Stephen Warren Williams
- No Reason To Rush, Kewayne Wadley
- For To Be An Indian English Poet, An Eng.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Bag of Old Photographs, Mikey Bachman
- Surrealistic Bagging, michael walkerjohn
- What at a Sunrise Ends, michael walkerjohn
- Les Collaborations de Vie, michael walkerjohn
- Only movement, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- An Enigma, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)