Fine Your Voice
yes you have a voice.
That should not be your voice
Your voice is up in the coldest mountain.
The path is thorn filled all the way
Only your voice will see you through
In the absence of your knowing, your dreams will navigate you.
Your face is filled with scars; of this difficult life.
Don’t let your voice go in vein
It is the voice of the street.
That voice is the voice of the slum
It is the voice of the less privilege
This voice is the voice of your very heart
This voice is the strength in veins, hope in heart.
This voice is the fairy tales told by mothers, under the moonlight
This voice is the voice that tells u to fight back when bitten
This voice is the tears from a mother, and a smile from another mother.
This voice is your feelings and emotions.
Umar mohammed's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fine Your Voice by Umar mohammed )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes
- Cross, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- IN LIES! LIES THE WAY TO HELL, Michael P. Johnson
- La-di-da, Bill Galvin
- Labyrinth Of My Dream, Tony Adah
- Balance Your Soul, Lyn Paul
- A Happy and Sad Haiku, Merton Lee
- Plum blossoms, Wenjun Liu
- PH: Echo: Being At Choice, Brian Johnston
- I walked through your woods, Wenjun Liu
- Stray Reflection, Sunny Chopra
- Tagore Song (#13) When He comes to beg me, Tushar Ray