Fine Your Voice
yes you have a voice.
That should not be your voice
Your voice is up in the coldest mountain.
The path is thorn filled all the way
Only your voice will see you through
In the absence of your knowing, your dreams will navigate you.
Your face is filled with scars; of this difficult life.
Don’t let your voice go in vein
It is the voice of the street.
That voice is the voice of the slum
It is the voice of the less privilege
This voice is the voice of your very heart
This voice is the strength in veins, hope in heart.
This voice is the fairy tales told by mothers, under the moonlight
This voice is the voice that tells u to fight back when bitten
This voice is the tears from a mother, and a smile from another mother.
This voice is your feelings and emotions.
Umar mohammed's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fine Your Voice by Umar mohammed )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(20 October 1854 – 10 November 1891)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Tiger, William Blake
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- With hosttile, hasmukh amathalal
- The alluring juxtaposition of class, bea.., Stanley Collymore
- Εntity, Elena Ioannou
- Resent therefore, hasmukh amathalal
- Colour, novoti gcisakazi Calpurnia j ..
- Not feasible, hasmukh amathalal
- The heart, Leong Ming Loong
- Not shy away, hasmukh amathalal
- Time, novoti gcisakazi Calpurnia j ..
- who, Cee Bea