Paula M. Puddephatt
You trust. You hurt. I know the score, so why
do I let myself care? Why do I try
at all? Must my emotions always win?
By now, I must be on my final spin.
I cannot survive much more rejection.
Take it all - my genuine affection -
but just don't chuck it straight back in my face.
I wish that I could hold back, just in case
I end up hurt again. I wanted to.
Yet, still I trust - because it's what I do.
I live. I learn. What difference does that make?
Another fragment of my heart will break
each time, until I have no heart at all.
Then, I'll get to hide at last - behind my self-erected wall.
Paula M. Puddephatt's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Final Spin by Paula M. Puddephatt )
- Nightmares With No End, Lilly Emery
- The source of our pains and our sufferin.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The source of our pains and our pains an.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Comfort Of Our Dreams, David Harris
- Intellectual Designs, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Cold Night In Silence, Lilly Emery
- Knit in Infinity, Lisa Bertsch
- In Silence, Lilly Emery
- the missing truth, asma writer
- Earth tones of Arizona, David Lessard