Paula M. Puddephatt
I draw their spirits close to me and breathe,
and still I find, there's something to believe.
I need their energies to make me strong.
I hear the subtle echoes: Samhain's song.
Nobody feels my reason - hears my rhyme.
My rhythms only work in my own time.
My words - they might make sense in my own mind.
My friends need other words - ones I can't find.
There is an angel buried somewhere near,
who told me that there's nothing left to fear.
Now, all my friends who've passed or gone away -
this is one life. What more is there to say?
In this one life, I'll mend what I can mend.
True friendship is eternal - has no end.
Paula M. Puddephatt's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Eternal by Paula M. Puddephatt )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Algernon Charles Swinburne
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 February 1970-)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Candadi Kelidara Vistara, Shishunala Sharif
- Anubhava Gitegalu, Shishunala Sharif
Poem of the Day
- Your Paradise Is Met, Naveed Akram
- Who Needs Rains In Heaven?, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Prevention is better than cure, Leong Ming Loong
- Twittering Among Feelings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Living Passion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Love Magic, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Life Stretching, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Electric Love, Suresh Dogra
- Capturing An Awareness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Letting Imagination Run, RoseAnn V. Shawiak