'Feel the Rain'
The clouds grow thick and darken the skies,
I think that rain is in the air tonight, and the desert thirsts so.
And so it begins-
First, the smell… that wonderful ozone twang in the air,
The wind picks up, my heartbeat quickens.
Then, drop by drop, tears begin to fall from the sky,
Rain has come.
The desert floor shows polka-dots, as it desperately tries to quench
It’s dry madness,
Then- in a frenzy, it begins to pour.
I open my arms, outstretched and wanting,
Smell the rain, taste the rain, feel the rain.
Embrace the rain in all its madness,
Never take her tears for granted, her sorrow, her pain-
For the desert can be unforgiving, and its tortured skin,
Craves the moisture like a drug.
And the momentary lapse in judgment, can leave you
So feel the rain.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
So, I wrote this piece in tribute to that moment of magic.
Comments about this poem ('Feel the Rain' by Kelly Seale )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(3 June 1926 – 5 April 1997)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- A Gentle Soul, Joseph Narusiewicz
- He Watches over Me, Angela Khristin Brown
- A Modern Girl In The Make-Up, The Face A.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Your Day, abdulrazak aralimatti
- The Deeds of the Devil, Swetashree Sahoo
- Without Spending Money, He Is A Net Poet.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Destruction, Aftab Alam
- You know everything - public good, gajanan mishra
- DEATH PERMANENT! *, Subbaraman N V
- When Angry, Leong Ming Loong