'Feel the Rain'
The clouds grow thick and darken the skies,
I think that rain is in the air tonight, and the desert thirsts so.
And so it begins-
First, the smell… that wonderful ozone twang in the air,
The wind picks up, my heartbeat quickens.
Then, drop by drop, tears begin to fall from the sky,
Rain has come.
The desert floor shows polka-dots, as it desperately tries to quench
It’s dry madness,
Then- in a frenzy, it begins to pour.
I open my arms, outstretched and wanting,
Smell the rain, taste the rain, feel the rain.
Embrace the rain in all its madness,
Never take her tears for granted, her sorrow, her pain-
For the desert can be unforgiving, and its tortured skin,
Craves the moisture like a drug.
And the momentary lapse in judgment, can leave you
So feel the rain.
Kelly Seale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
So, I wrote this piece in tribute to that moment of magic.
Comments about this poem ('Feel the Rain' by Kelly Seale )
- Simply Spoken Life, Heather Burns
- Did You Ever Love Me, Peter S. Quinn
- On To the Night, Peter S. Quinn
- Haiku...Highway Heart Race, Ken e Hall
- Guaman Poma, Nassy Fesharaki
- Suicide, Mitzie Holstein
- Dedicated To You, Robin Williams-Suicide, Mitzie Holstein
- ....... .. Gun Control Is As Easy As This, Is It Poetry
- We have right, hasmukh amathalal
- Never dies, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)