Father, Son And Holy Spirit
You bless the Church worldwide,
Our every prayer, You hear it,
Since Christ was crucified...
That's why disciples preach Good News,
With miracles and signs,
With words of knowledge for the Jews
To serve as their guidelines...
Beyond the apple of Your eye,
Beyond Israel's domain,
You gave the Gentiles reasons why,
They, too, Your love could gain...
That's why a wondrous multitude
From every worldly tribe,
Still reads God's word that was first viewed
By every holy scribe...
Translations scattered everywhere,
Still sharing all God's best,
With prophecies we're meant to share
To north, south, east and west...
A billion souls could yet be saved,
Like ripples spreading out,
Disciples baptised, fully bathed
And cleansed beyond all doubt...
Consider, then, what's left undone,
Be patient, if You can,
For lost souls distant from God's Son,
Yet still within Your plan...
Draw such as these close to Christ's Cross,
Your saving grace to learn,
In Jesus' Name, we ask because,
Time helps them to discern...
This world will share a Golden Age,
A thousand years of grace,
When Jesus Christ rules centre stage,
Such that we see His face...
Yet faith grants now a foretaste here,
Eternal life and more,
When perfect love casts out our fear
And pardon makes us pure...
Without the Saviour's precious love,
This world is lost, indeed,
Upon His Cross, when nailed above,
He chose to stay and bleed...
And then to die, atoning, Lord,
So that God could forgive,
So that this mustn't be ignored,
If we, in Christ, would live...
So many souls we're preaching to,
Good feedback all the time,
With praises rising up to You,
So humble, yet sublime...
The battle is the Lord's, we know,
We merely point the way,
Yet help us, Lord, as on we go,
While on this world we stay...
Denis Martindale, copyright, July 2013.
Hear the word of the Lord on GOD TV,
on Sky, Freeview HD, or the Roku box, or
visit the website for updates on god-dot-tv
GOD TV's prophecy is to save a billion souls!
Denis Martindale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Father, Son And Holy Spirit by Denis Martindale )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Suicide's Note, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- As A Man, I Hate The Fanatic The Most, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Bapu, In Your Memory, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Mirth of William, James Merchant
- -Untitled- (2), Morgan Siegel
- The Short Ballad of Egg Boy, James Merchant
- Logic in Life, Jayatissa Liyanage
- - Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.
- Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.
- Let Us Go for a Walk, Valsa George
- Legacy (2015), MILTON STYNER