Darkness falls upon the Earth
An eclipse in the Break of Dawn
A rain of universal tears
With Blood on Dance Floors.
Like lightening was I struck
Devastated to hear of such horror
Not just a family tragedy
But a global Thriller.
In a world of his own did he live
Rejected by the same that made him
A pillar upon whom nation is built
An icon upon who’s shoulders many rest.
It’s sad, bitter and cold
It’s a loss of a life time
A treasure lost forever
A world sunk in its own darkness
A little boy with passion to succeed.
With determination did he create his own world
And beyond his height was he given.
From a minor to the major
A nonentity to the enterprise
A rejected to an accreditor
A creator he deed became.
All but in this place
Amongst same kindreds that rejected him.
His loss did they seek
But triumphant was he blown aloud.
Why did you have to fade away?
Why Leave Me Alone?
Alone in this strange land.
You’re Not Alone, was your promise
But alone see I myself.
With no one to Rock My World.
What tales shall we tell your Liberia Girl?
Speechless, have I become
Despite promises to make me Unbreakable.
Bad, you are
To have left without a farewell.
Who will Heal the World?
Save our Lost Children and say unto them
Hold My Hand.
With so much pain I’d accept and say,
Though he’s Out of My Life.
It’s just a loss of Human Nature
But a reign of legendary.
In my heart you remain forever
As I keep your word Never to Give Up Until I Get Enough.
With painful kisses of a good night rest I say
Omolola David's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Was written after receiving the shocking news of his death that early raining morning.
Comments about this poem (FAREWELL by Omolola David )
- PH: Nature: Canoeing the Mississippi #8, Brian Johnston
- Old Drunk's Advice to an Anxious Beau, Donal Mahoney
- TWAILE! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Mother, Tamara Dunn
- Autumn, Mark Hamilton
- J.Bast, I try your face... - translation.., Lyudmila Purgina
- It's Not Nice To Kill Other People, Is It Poetry
- Song To Sri Ramakrishna, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Growing Old, heather sweeting
- पापा, sushant jha
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- The Three Little Pigs, Roald Dahl
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)