Darkness falls upon the Earth
An eclipse in the Break of Dawn
A rain of universal tears
With Blood on Dance Floors.
Like lightening was I struck
Devastated to hear of such horror
Not just a family tragedy
But a global Thriller.
In a world of his own did he live
Rejected by the same that made him
A pillar upon whom nation is built
An icon upon who’s shoulders many rest.
It’s sad, bitter and cold
It’s a loss of a life time
A treasure lost forever
A world sunk in its own darkness
A little boy with passion to succeed.
With determination did he create his own world
And beyond his height was he given.
From a minor to the major
A nonentity to the enterprise
A rejected to an accreditor
A creator he deed became.
All but in this place
Amongst same kindreds that rejected him.
His loss did they seek
But triumphant was he blown aloud.
Why did you have to fade away?
Why Leave Me Alone?
Alone in this strange land.
You’re Not Alone, was your promise
But alone see I myself.
With no one to Rock My World.
What tales shall we tell your Liberia Girl?
Speechless, have I become
Despite promises to make me Unbreakable.
Bad, you are
To have left without a farewell.
Who will Heal the World?
Save our Lost Children and say unto them
Hold My Hand.
With so much pain I’d accept and say,
Though he’s Out of My Life.
It’s just a loss of Human Nature
But a reign of legendary.
In my heart you remain forever
As I keep your word Never to Give Up Until I Get Enough.
With painful kisses of a good night rest I say
Omolola David's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Was written after receiving the shocking news of his death that early raining morning.
Comments about this poem (FAREWELL by Omolola David )
- Amritpaan, ramesh rai
- Sonnet: Labourers in the Vineyard (Mathe.., Dr John Celes
- Prayer To God-Sri Ramakrishna., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- The Deserted Spring, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Love In Lovers' Poetry, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Fun never runs out!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The Passing Winds, Tex T Sarnie
- Too Few Words, Tex T Sarnie
- Wake up!, Md. Asadullah
- viper kiss, aaron jimenez
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Worker Reads History, Bertolt Brecht
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)