meggan o reilly
At last my time has come,
To drop my head and begin to run,
Running away from the one thing I once loved,
Now she holds no warmth in me, just cold blood.
Her smile she gestured toward me when I was born,
Would be in the future never again worn,
The kind words she used to speak in my ears,
Now there is transformation, viscous words lead to painful tears.
She made it quite clear that her love for me has faded away,
Even though my life in front of her sadly began to decay.
Eighteen years spent in her life,
Thinking I have endured much misery now that I have the right to take the knife?
meggan o reilly's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Faded Love by meggan o reilly )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- No One Comes, Michael McParland
- Never Ending, Michael McParland
- When the Heart Skips a Beat, Danusha Marie
- Nervous Wreck, Michael McParland
- Need Not, Michael McParland
- Need, Michael McParland
- My Sweet Angel Dove, Michael McParland
- My Soul, Michael McParland
- My Last Gasp, Michael McParland
- Pond, Ronald Chapman