ir, you shall notice me: I am the Man;
I am Good Fortune: I am satisfied.
All I desired, more than I could desire,
I have: everything has gone right with me.
Life was a hiding-place that played me false;
I croucht ashamed, and still was seen and scorned:
But now I am not seen. I was a fool,
And now I know what wisdom dare not know:
For I know Nothing. I was a slave, and now
I have ungoverned freedom and the wealth
That cannot be conceived: for I have Nothing.
I lookt for beauty and I longed for rest,
And now I have perfection: nay, I am
perfection: I am nothing, I am dead.
Lascelles Abercrombie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Epitaph by Lascelles Abercrombie )
- The Sex Offender, Is It Poetry
- somebody buried glass in the middle of t.., gordon nosworthy
- How You..., abigail sikwenda
- In That Moment, abigail sikwenda
- My dance of seven veils, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Explosive True, sallam yassin
- If They Could Talk, Oh!, Luis Estable
- I DO NOT HAVE ANY WORD ليس عندي اية كلمة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Beaufort Docks, Kyle Schlicher
- Get Back To Those Books, Ronell Warren Alman