Something stirs in my thoughts.
A layer of fog covers my mind.
Gloss fills my eyes.
My hands feel numb.
The Smell of your skin in my senses,
your picture engraved in my hearts membrane.
Each letter causing a searing pain
A parasite that I cure with each breath.
Your smile as bright as the summers peek.
Tears run down my face without end.
The smell of coffee in the early hours-
now a near memory.
The warmth from your pillow wretched away.
only cold despair that remains.
Your uniform arrived in the mail,
Reviving everything except the peace it should have held.
I felt my Half ripped away.
Only a cold emptiness remains,
but for the nine months you had left -
it seems it was a life for a life.
His eyes are the colour of the darkest forest.
He won't be able to compare them.
My only hope.
That he learns to loves you through your memories.
Amelia Murray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Entity by Amelia Murray )
- A Treat, Please, Bruce Larkin
- I Love Halloween!, Bruce Larkin
- Wal-Mart are You Joking?, Joe Rosochacki
- Love's Victory, Kusum Gokarn
- Even The Moon Is Not Alone, Hanna Litantra
- Safe vault, hasmukh amathalal
- He Keeps The Stencils Of The Living Day, mary douglas
- Poets, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Fallacy, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Adam(ant), Pradip Chattopadhyay
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)