Something stirs in my thoughts.
A layer of fog covers my mind.
Gloss fills my eyes.
My hands feel numb.
The Smell of your skin in my senses,
your picture engraved in my hearts membrane.
Each letter causing a searing pain
A parasite that I cure with each breath.
Your smile as bright as the summers peek.
Tears run down my face without end.
The smell of coffee in the early hours-
now a near memory.
The warmth from your pillow wretched away.
only cold despair that remains.
Your uniform arrived in the mail,
Reviving everything except the peace it should have held.
I felt my Half ripped away.
Only a cold emptiness remains,
but for the nine months you had left -
it seems it was a life for a life.
His eyes are the colour of the darkest forest.
He won't be able to compare them.
My only hope.
That he learns to loves you through your memories.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Entity by Amelia Murray )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Your Laughter, Pablo Neruda
- Nymphs And Shepherds, Thomas Shadwell
Poem of the Day
- From what tall lie am I, Madrason writer
- Out Of Body, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Honour my feelings!, Rekha Mandagere
- The End is Coming, michael hagwood
- A pencil on a painting, Ntando.B Da poet
- Distance, Alex Rodriguez
- Fierceless, Alex Rodriguez
- A Thousand More, Smoky Hoss
- i think i left my hand in yours. go look., Mandolyn ...
- Wild cold of novemeber, Alex Rodriguez