Emily, I can remember
When I first met you on
The Work Camp trip to Montana,
How quiet and shy you were,
And how unwilling you were to speak,
How introverted you were,
And yet I saw the sweetness in you,
The pretty smile that you reveal
To everybody when you laugh,
And the wonderful laughter that comes with it,
And the way your face lights up
When something good happens to you.
You may have been quiet then,
But you sure have grown a lot more extroverted,
Becoming the ambivert you are,
And you have become beautiful just
Like your wonderful sister.
You are great, Emily,
Never forget that;
You have the capability to do
Anything in this world that you want,
And all you have to do is reach for it.
I think you are one of the bravest,
Smartest, most beautiful,
Most courageous, toughest,
Kindest, most vivacious women
That I have ever met.
I know that you will succeed wherever you go.
So don't worry about what may happen
Or what won't,
Just worry about who you are,
And challenge yourself to do the best you can,
So that you can succeed.
I know you can succeed, Em,
And I know you will grow stronger,
For you are whom you are now,
And you will grow even stronger,
To become the most beautiful
And most intelligent woman in the world.
So go after it,
And make your claim;
You can do it,
And you will succeed.
I have faith in you,
So don't let me down.
May God bless you in all you do!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Emily by Justin Reamer )
- Act of plagiarism, Aftab Alam
- Chadjeordie, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Miss Fatma, Ali Nawroz
- Everything Goes On, Fatima Nusairat
- From Fear to Greed..., Mr. Nobody
- Abandonment's Pain, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Lingerings, Stephen Warren Williams
- Love is Heaven's Bliss, Aftab Alam
- Nobody F-in' Loves Me! : D, Mr. Nobody
- Waiting Solo, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Flower, Rabindranath Tagore
- Alone, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)