Joseph D. Smith
Dumbed Down High School
There was once a high school accused of being dumbed down,
Two sides existed on how to run the school.
On one side there was this snob,
On the other there was this parent,
But both wanted each other out of the job.
The parent wanted the school to remain the same,
While the snob wanted the school to gain
some intellectual standards.
The parent argued: 'We want to teach kids, not insult them! '
A valid argument, for school is for teaching,
If the standard was too high, they would be preaching!
The snob argued: 'Well, what is it to be teaching? '
Another valid argument, for what are we teaching?
If the standard was too low, they would be babying!
They argued and they fought,
They fought and they argued!
Nothing was right,
All was out of sight...
The school eventually closed... Nobody won... The end.
Joseph D. Smith's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Dumbed Down High School by Joseph D. Smith )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- State Of Mind, david kush
- The Mermaid Predictions, The Future Of S.., mary douglas
- Call the coastguard there's a galley sla.., Mark Heathcote
- My English Sucks ….. [ENGLISH ('poo.., Bri Edwards
- The Fairytale Stories Will Emerge, mary douglas
- Someday On The Page Where The Monsters A.., mary douglas
- My True Friends And Readers, Lilly Emery
- Two Hearts As One, Noah Body
- The Dolls Have Preceded Us All, mary douglas
- Awaken Sleepy One, Shanika marini Paul